Some of you may be wondering what’s a mouse potato???
Well, I am!
According to Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate® Dictionary
Definition of MOUSE POTATO
slang : a person who spends a great deal of time using a computer
Origin of MOUSE POTATO
after couch potato
First Known Use:1993
We label someone a “couch potato” if they spend too much time sitting on the couch watching TV. Are you the kind of person “who spends a great deal of time using a computer?”. Check it out if you answered YES to most of the questions below and you know the answer, folks WELCOME TO THE MOUSE POTATO CLUB!
So here are the Top 10 signs that you may be a mouse potato:
- Your Facebook friends know more than your immediate family about what’s going on in your life.
- You wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and stop to check your email on the way back to bed.
- You harvest acres of virtual crops but must visit the grocery store to buy vegetables.
- You text/email/tweet someone sitting in the same room.
- You somehow judge your social life through social networking by the number of Facebook friends, LinkedIn connections, and Twitter followers you have.
- The last person you get to know with was a FLV or thru video cam.
- You won’t even consider going on vacation to a place without Internet access.
- Your spouse/parents/friends have to text you to come to dinner.
- You search Google to find your car keys, address of certain places you have to go to.
- You checked your Facebook status, your mailbox while reading this article.
I got a PERFECT 10 YES answers from the questions above (hahaha!). I remember canceling a hotel reservation for my trip abroad because there’s no internet access, I don’t want to be deprived of it even just for a few days. I’m using a computer at work in the university, at home, everywhere, anywhere. The World Wide Web is so useful and that’s what makes it so undeniably distracting as well: There’s no end to what you can find, do, search online. World Wide Web is such a wonderful world, what a wonderful world.